Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Maxwell


I know some people do not think that their pet is a part of the family, but Maxwell Simon Johnston is. He is my pet cat.


Max, short for Maxwell scared mom and I on Monday morning. We woke up and he came from the basement and he was bleeding on the side of his face.


I'm not sure what he did. I cleaned his wound and decided to wait and see how he would do during the day. I came home from work and he was not himself. I called the vet and made an appointment for Tuesday after work. I looked later that night and he had a big hole in the side of his face. Gross!!! Gave me shivers!! I was really worried!! I said a little prayer that he would be okay. He seemed really tired and sad.


The next day, Tuesday he seemed better. :) I left for work and met my mom at the vet. The vet thought he had been in a cat fight. He has never been around our other cat, Itty. Not sure what he did, but the vet thought that he had an infection and may have hooked his claw in it and because of that punctured it and he cleaned out the infection by doing so.


Good news!! He is going to live, the sore just needs to heal.


I'm so thankful that he will be okay. he is such a joy to have around. I would be really sad if something happened to him.




No comments: