Friday, June 22, 2007

Wicked Weekend

My trip to Chicago was awesome!!!, but it was a whirlwind trip. I went to see the musical Wicked in Chicago on Saturday with a bunch of friends, Janet, Sarah, Beth, Brandon, Nate and Anna.
Friday, after having a half day off of work. I went to Toreys for lunch with Kim. lunch was good, but we were late getting to the movies. We saw the movie "Knocked Up" a pretty good movie and it was pretty funny. I then came home for a little bit and headed to the country club for the Federated picnic. I was late getting there, since I had to walk forever from my car. I decided to have the outdoor meal. This was a mistake since the meal was not as good as other years. I decide to go indoors to eat my meal and I sat with a few coworkers. After visiting with them and eating with them I headed home.
Brandon came to pick me up and then we picked up Nate and we headed to Janet's parent's house, the Youngers house. We watched part of the Twins game and then played a few games. We played Guitar Hero and lynch mob, Lynch mob is a fun game, but I am not very good at it. ( at least I wasn't that night).

Most of the group headed into town to buy scratch off tickets. I decide to stay back and so did Anna. I was tired and just wanted to get a little more sleep then the rest of the group. (Sounds like I missed a good time though)
We were off to Chicago the next morning around 8AM, the time we wanted to leave. We were on the road when Janet receive a call from parents that they wanted to chk tire pressure so ewe headed back to house and then headed out again and then Janet's dad was barreling down the road letting us know that he wanted to fix the chains in the back because they were dragging. We finally got going and headed out around 8:45, oh well it was a pretty good time to get going. Beth and I sat in the back. I didn't mind sitting there, we had plenty of room, but we were pretty much hot the whole way there. We kept asking Janet if she could turn up the air and everyone froze while we tried to cool off. we played a bunch of game, Smarty Party, which was a pretty fun game and 26 Words or Less and some Trivia Pursuit. We then stopped in Edgerton, WI at A&W for lunch. I of course had to get a root beer float, which was very good.

We finally got to Chicago. The traffic was insane and was bumper to bumper. This is normal for Chicago. and don't forget those awesome


We finally made it to Navy Pier, thank God it finally stopped raining and we were able to walk down to the end, pretty much hustled there and back. I got a call from my friend Pat, who lives in the Chicago area but was in WI for the weekend. She was just checking to see if we made it to Chicago yet and what we were doing. We had to see the big anchor, which was very huge. We got a few pics of the pier and a group pic and headed back to the vehicle. We changed in the parking garage, which was really funny!!!

We then headed to the other parking garage where we were leaving our vehicle for the night. We then headed to the ItalianVillage trying to stay dry. It had started raining again. The Italian Village was fun. The food was ok. Nate decided to get dry pina coladas, which were really good, but they charged him for alcoholic ones. :) and we were charged for our refills. a $4.50 pink lemonade was not worth it.

We then headed to the theater for the musical Wicked. We were all excited to see it!!! We took a few pics of the "adults", "kids" and the group without Beth and the group with Beth. The theater was awesome!!! Really cool stage. I was amazed on what an awesome and amazing musical!!! and such a twist. I don't want to give away any part of it. I would recommend it if you haven't seen it. I have never seen it before, just heard the sound track a few times. The effect that they did, the rain on stage, the lighting, the powerful singing. I loved Defy Gravity, That was my favorite scene. Elphaba and Glenda were wonderful.

After the musical we headed home, to the Younger's house. Getting out of Chicago was nuts!!!! It was bumper to bumper all the way out of the city.

We stopped in Janesville, WI to change. I think we all fell asleep after that, except for the driver & the co-pilot. Brandon and Nate drove the rest of the way home, changing drivers in MN or WI, I'm not sure where they did. We got into the Youngers at @5:45. Time to sleep. Brandon got up first @10:30 & he was my ride. I told him that Janet could give me a ride home so he left. I couldn't sleep after that so got up and showered and waited for the rest to get up. Janet and Nate headed to O-town. I got home chatted with my friend Pat for awhile and then fell asleep, pretty much all day. And then the week became crazy!!!!

You will have to read Sarah's or Janet's blog to get the top ten highlights from trip

2 comments:

Janet said...

Good job on the Wicked blog :)

Anna Wencl said...

Um, when are you going to update, friend?